10.05.2005

adventure

We are closest and happiest when we are in a new place
I always knew life would be an adventure with him
But it seems to be that as we get older, we become less prone to adventure
I'm not sure I'm okay with this

He is Mr. B and I am the wife of Mr. B but I just do not want to be a B at all so I never changed my name
Because I don't want to be his father's wife, and I don't want him to be his father
I know, I know
But it's true

Maybe the leaps of faith are still here, but not what I had expected
Daily loving, abiding, hoping, believing
True adventure of a lifetime

I want to be a yoga teacher, a midwife, a hospital chaplain, a writer
There I said it before the No came crashing down on each one

1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh, so good to see a post. L is crying, trying for a nap as I write this.
I like your job ideas, too, all so perfect.
More soon, miss you!
S