8.20.2005

the universe and abbey road

My little one just got two more teeth
Bringing the total to eight
She started walking last week
I am so proud of her
Funny, how you can be so proud for something that is perfectly natural
Something they would do no matter what or who they are
But I guess that anything that is like this,
Anything that deepens my sense of awe and trust in the goodness
Of the universe
Is worthy of praise
To use a Christian term from the good ol' days

I am sewing buttons on a gauzy white blouse today
While she sleeps
And the boys are off swimming

Last night I discovered the fantastic potential
That Abbey Road has for interpretive dance
And I mean that in the cheesiest sense of dance
So the kids were jumping on the couch
And I was dancing and prancing and flowing around the room
Being so dramatic and interpretive
Good for laughs
Then I look over and the four-year old is copying me
Because the wind is high
The baby has her hands stretched up over her head
it blows my mind
She swings them down to her feet
We are all so dramatic and interpretive
I have to laugh at her, these kids are so funny

No comments: